Thursday, October 7, 2010

Library Loot


In an attempt to spice things up a bit, I decided to follow suit with some of the other book review blogs and do a library loot post.

Here's what I've got checked out of the library right now (and I've managed to tame my list from a few weeks ago)

For Me:

  • North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren by Wendy Toliver
  • Girl Meets Boy: The Myth of Iphis by Ali Smith
  • When Then Is Now: Three Greek Tragedies by Brendan Kennelly
  • Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
  • Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
  • Ancient Greek Civilization: Ancient Civilizations and Their Myths and Legends by Cleo Kuhtz and Hazel Mary Martell
  • The Ancient Greeks: Myths of the World by Virginia Schomp
  • The Unnameables by Ellen Booraem
  • Ransom: A Novel by David Malouf
  • Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesner
  • The McElderry Book of Greek Myths Retold by Eric A. Kimmel and Illustrated by Pep Montserrat

For Ben:
  • The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

And just for the heck of it, Books I forgot to get from the library before my hold expired ... again:
  • Burned by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
As you can tell, I have a lot of Greek Mythology related books checked out at the time. I'm starting to miss the bizarre fantasy books I usually read though so hopefully next time I do this there will be lots more wizards or vampires or demon slayers on the book list.

No comments: