Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pride and Prejudice

by Jane Austen

First Paragraph: "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

Review: I'd give you a synopsis of the story but I think every person alive - or at least most - has to know what this book is about. It is, after all, one of the greatest love stories ever written. How Austen managed to do this in 1813 and still make her characters relate-able almost 200 years later is remarkable.

Other than that, I don't think there is much to be said about this book other than, "Why did it take me 26 years to read it?" I get that I had to learn how to read first so the first few years of life are excused. But I remember reading Sense and Sensibility in High School and loving  it. I should have known this book would be no different.

Now, the only thing left to do is go rent the BBC movie again from the library.

No comments: