Friday, July 17, 2009

City of Bones - The Mortal Instruments Book One

by Cassandra Clare

First paragraph: "'You've got to be kidding me,' the bouncer said, folding his arms across his massive chest. He stared down at the boy in the red zip-up jacket and shook his shaved head. 'You can't bring that thing in here.'"

Review: I read this book awhile ago so the details are a bit fuzzy. What I do remember is I stayed up until 3 a.m. to finish it. I love my sleep so that is saying something.

Clary is a young girl thrust into the middle of a war between demons, warlocks, warewolves, vampires, faeries, shadowhunters and her own heart. This book has all the action, twists, etc. that I love.

I would suggest reading this book immediately - but first, make sure you have the next two books at hand. You won't want to wait to read them once you're finished with book one.

Click here for The Mortal Instruments website.

No comments: