Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chosen, A House of Night Novel, Book 3

by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast

Dedication: "This one is for all of you who have e-mailed us wanting more and more and more of Zoey and the gang. We heart you!"

First paragraph: "Yep I have a seriously sucky birthday," I told my cat, Nala. (Okay, truthfully she's not so much my cat as I'm her person. You know how it is with cats: They don't really have owners, they have staff. A fact I mostly try to ignore.)

Review: Once again fledging vampyre Zoey Redbird is thrown into the middle of a great story. Unfortunately for her, she is still very new to the vampyre/fledging world and doesn't have many answers to her increasing pile of questions. She should be able to go to her mentor with these questions but she has already discovered that her mentor is actually behind a lot of the dark gruesome stuff going on.

This was yet another good read. I would suggest reading the other books in the series (Marked and Betrayed) before reading this one but if you start with this book you won't be completely lost because the Cast's do a lot of catch up in their books.

This book definitely touches on some teen topics like trust, friendship, and sex in a very real way while weighing heavy on the consequences of actions. I like that. It's not a book that says, go out drink and party, then live your life and you'll be rich and famous. It definitely weighs in on bad behavior equals a no good rotten life.

Basically what I'm trying to say is ... good book.

Click Here
for the House of Night novel website.

No comments: