Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hunted, A House of Night Novel, Book 5

by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Dedication: "This one is for John Maslin - ex-student, research aide and brainstormer extraordinaire. An all-around gret guy who bears a striking resemblance to our Damien ... hmmm ..."

First Paragraph: "The dream began with the sound of wings. In retrospect I realize I should have know that was a bad sign, what with the Raven Mockers being set loose and all, but in my dreamit was just background noise, kinda like a fan whirring or the TV turned on to the QVC.

Review: Well, Zoey still hasn't caught a break since she entered the House of Night and things are just getting worse. Kaluna, the fallen Angel has taken charge and Zoey has no idea how to put a stop to things. And to top it all off, her boy problems are back. How do you stop an immortal being? How do you escape the House of Night with Raven Mockers standing at every possible exit making sure no one leaves or enters. Can Zoey and her friends make it through this one unharmed? Guess you'll have to read this book to find out.

I really enjoyed this book. Just as much or maybe more than the last 4 books. The books have definitely graduated from Book 1 to Book 5 and I feel like it's gone from making dumb teenager decisions and being sad about losing BFF's friendship to making life and death decisions that affect the fate of the world. Very fun. The books still throw you lots of twists and I am so attached to the new boy in Zoey's life.

Anyway, the only bad thing about this book is ... I read it before the next book has been released. Tempted comes out 10.27.09. Only a few more months. I don't know how many more books the Casts are planning on having in this series but I'm hoping it won't be too many more. I hate waiting for books to come out.

Well, I will live!

Click Here
for the House of Night website.

No comments: