Monday, August 24, 2009

Untamed, A House of Night Novel, Book 4

by Kristin Cast and P.C. Cast

Dedication: "This one is for the students, past and present, of South Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Thanks for your enthusiasm, sense of humor, and support for the series. SIHS is the best!

Also for the ladies of Tulsa Street Cats. They're not nuns, but they do qualify as cat saints!"

First paragraph: "The caw! caw! cawing! of one stupid crow kept me up all night. (Well, more accurately, all day - 'cause , you know, I'm a vampyre fledgling and we have that whole issue of day and night being turned around.) Anyway, I got zero sleep last night/day. But my crappy nonsleep is currently the easiest thing to deal with since life really sucks when your friends are pissed at you. I should know. I'm Zoey Redbird, currently the undisputed Queen of Making My Friends Pissed Land."

Review: After falling for Vampyre Fledging Erik Night in Book 1, Imprinting with her Human boyfriend in Book 2, and having a secret relationship with Loren Blake, Vampyre professor, while still dating Erik Night and Human Boyfriend in Book 3 things really blow up in Zoey Redbird's face and she swears off men, boys, guys, etc. for all time; therefore, Zoey focuses on winning back her friends' trust, dealing with the fact that Aphrodite has had 2 different visions of her death, and trying to stop an all out war among vampyres and humans. All in a day's work.

I'm not sure which of the books so far has been my favorite but I definitely think these books do a great job of reeling me in. I finished this book in one day. Once again the Casts do a great job at throwing you twists you'd never expect. I really enjoyed the book, I just hate how all these books leave you without much closure. Yes. There is an ending, but closure - I don't think so.

Anyway, definitely a good, easy read. Did I mention how I love that the characters (for the most part) don't swear. They talk like I do. "Oh, bullpoopy". Love it.

Click here for the House of Night website.

No comments: