Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oh. My. Gods


by Tera Lynn Childs

Dedication: "For Mom and Dad, because they got it right on the first try"

First Paragraph: "When I'm running I can almost feel my dad at my side. He's been gone for nearly six years, but every time I lace up and slap sole to pavement I feel like he's right there. I can feel him talking about my inner strength and how I will be a world-class athlete when I grow up. That's part of why I love running - why I'm running right now, pushing myself a little harder than usual to win this race."

Review: This book is an easy read with a great story line.

I guess I was drawn in by this book because I have been obsessed with both Greek Mythology and running at points in my life and this book has a good dose of both. It also appropriately taps in on the horror of being the new kid at school with the added bonus that everyone at the new school happens to hate the new girl's guts and they all happen to have supernatural powers passed down to them by their ancestors - the Greek Gods.

This book has a good story and it's an easy read. In fact, I would qualify this as "the perfect relaxing Sunday at the park" read. I can't wait to go to the library and get the next book in the series. Let's see how Phoebe can handle Goddess Boot Camp.

Click Here for Tera Lynn Childs' website.

No comments: