Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tempted, House of Night Novel, Book 6

by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

Dedication: "Kristin and I would like to dedicate this book to our fabulous editor, Jennifer Weis, who is a pleasure to work with and who makes rewriting bearable. We heart you, Jen!"

First paragraph: "The night sky over Tulsa was alight with a magical crescent moon. Its brilliance made the ice that coated the city, and the Benedictine Abbey where we'd just had our showdown with a fallen immortal and a rogue High Priestess, shimmer so that everything around me seemed touched by our Goddess. I looked at the moonlight-bathed circle that stood in front of Mary's Grotto, the place of power where not long ago Spirit, Blood, Earth, Humanity, and Night had been personified and then had joined to triumph over hatred and darkness. The carved image of Mary, surrounded by stone roses and nestled within a ledge high in the grotto, appeared to be a beacon for the silver light. I stared at the statue. Mary's expression was serene; her ice-covered cheeks glistened as if she wept in quiet joy."

Review: Zoey and her gang are still trying to conquer the fallen angel, Kalona. Zoey struggles with knowing what is truth and how to stop Aphrodite's visions from coming true. She is also struggling with the bonds her soul has to Kalona. She realizes a part of her is A-ya reincarnated to once again conquer Kalona and bring him to his end. The problem is that, the same part that is meant to help destroy him is also made to love him.

Zoey continues to be pushed into a leadership position in order to save those around her. I don't necessarily love all of her decisions but if I was put into her spot at age 17 (or however old she is nowadays) I'd definitely be making much worse decisions.

Now for my rundown on the other characters in this book - For some reason I really love Stark. He's probably my favorite character. In fact, I think he may be the reason I think some of Zoey's decisions are dumb. Also, Heath annoys me. I'm not really sure I am supposed to think that about him but I do. And I think Stevie Rae is doing the exact same thing I would do. I can really relate with her.

I really enjoyed this book. It was suspenseful and interesting. It kept me turning the pages all night long. My least favorite part about this book is that it ended with quite a cliffhanger. There still another book that I am going to have to wait to be published - Burned. It's due to come out April 27, 2010. That's not so long from now but it's still too long to wait.

Click Here for The House of Night Website.

No comments: