Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Outlander

by Diana Gabaldon

Dedication: "To the Memory of My Mother, Who Taught Me to Read--- Jacqueline Sykes Gabaldon"

First paragraph: "It wasn't a very likely place for disappearances, at least at first glance. Mrs. Baird's was like a thousand other Highland bed-and-breakfast establishments in 1945; clean and quiet, with fading floral wallpaper, gleaming floors, and a coin-operated hot-water geyser in the lavatory. Mrs. Baird herself was squat and easygoing, and made no objection to Frank lining her tiny rose-sprigged parlor with the dozens of books and papers with which he always traveled."

Review: I thought about reviewing this book, I did. But it's not going to happen. I'm just happy to have finished it--not that it was a bad read, it just took forever since my life is a little more than crazy at the moment. And, even if I did review it, it wouldn't be a good review. I've been plucking my way through this book for seven months. I can barely remember last week, let alone details from a book I read seven months ago. Not Surprisingly, turns out having a baby is time consuming.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I finished! And I'm still reading---even if it's at a lot slower pace these days.

No comments: