Friday, February 17, 2023

Forget Me Twice by Carina Taylor



Forget Me TwiceForget Me Twice by Carina Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dedication: To Power Nappers around the world. You truly are amazing. Please teach me your ways.

Ah, the classic divorced couple story where one person completely forgets they're divorced and the other one has to fake that they're in a loving marriage until ...

Oh wait. Not something I've actually read before but it was certainly an entertaining premise!

Meyer and her ex, Archie, were in love and then after that they were maybe not as much in love but they were still married. And then Archie left her. And their cat. And their cute little house. And then they were nothing. A year later and Meyer is still trying to move on when she gets a phone call out of the blue letting her know that her husband is in the hospital.

Only problem, she doesn't have a husband anymore. After rushing to the hospital she discovers that Archie is back. Not only is he back but he's lost two years of memories. In other words, he no longer remembers the year of fights and the year he spent in a completely different state moving on.

Review: This book was certainly a fast-paced and enjoyable read. I actually love stories about couples who were in love and then life happens and maybe they aren't anymore but the rest of the book is about trying to get that love back. It's just not done very often and if it's done well, it is so enjoyable to read. Meyer and Archie have some great, friendly banter and I can definitely see why they fell for each other in the first place.

While I absolutely enjoyed Forget Me Twice, I do wish there had been more focus on the character's growth. I was told a lot about how they grew but it did fall a little short since I don't think we, as readers, get to witness that growth within the story. I also wanted a little more angst or pining. I think that Meyer finds out Archie's secret a little too soon. I think there was a lot of missed opportunities with that timing but it was still a great read overall.

Thank you Net Galley for the e-arc! It was a pleasure reading.

View all my reviews

No comments: