Monday, May 15, 2023

Smart Move by Amanda Pennington

 

Smart Move (Work For It, #7)Smart Move by Amanda Pennington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I absolutely adored Ivy and Toby and I was completely besotted with this story.

Ivy, a failed artist with synesthesia--someone who sees sounds as colors--has given up on love and has contented herself to live a mostly quiet and solitary life until one day her world is turned upside down. An accident forces Ivy's hand and soon her quiet haven of a home is full of noise and chaos as her mother and her neighbor join forces to destroy every semblance of normalcy Ivy thought she had.

Toby, the eternal optimist and epitome sunshine personality has decided that he's not letting Ivy get away. After months of pining and anticipating their semi-annual greeting at the Registrar's office he's going to make a move. But will Ivy let him?

Ivy and Toby were opposites in so many ways but the growth Ivy went through was possibly one of my favorite character arcs I've read in a long time. What mattered most to her was a constant but how Toby affected and ultimately changed her view of the world around her was my absolute favorite! Toby was so patient and understanding but he wasn't the only one bringing something to the relationship. I think this give and take between the two of them is why I loved them so much.

This is a closed door Rom-Com.

Thank you so much to the author, Amanda Pennington, for the eARC. This review is a reflection of my own thoughts.

View all my reviews

No comments: