Friday, May 26, 2023

A Lady's Guide to Fortune-Hunting by Sophie Irwin

 

A Lady's Guide to Fortune-HuntingA Lady's Guide to Fortune-Hunting by Sophie Irwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The banter in this book was just my favorite. Kitty and [James] Lord Radcliffe were certainly equals in verbal sparring and A Lady's Guide to Fortune Hunting did not disappoint.

The writing wasn't perfect-a sort of omniscient 3rd person point of view-and I did sometimes not quite follow who was thinking a certain train of thought, but I could easily overlook that little folly with the fantastic hate/hate relationship we had going on.

"It occurred to them both, then-though of course they did not know it-that they might equally have agreed to pistols at dawn."

And that moment he mutters, "That little devil" may be my favorite. Even though it was full of condemnation I think there may have been just a smidge of respect; not that he'd ever let her know that, of course.

I have been in a bit of a book funk lately and this book pulled me out of it and set me merrily on my way. So happy I finally pulled it off my TBR shelf and gave it a read!

View all my reviews

No comments: