Sunday, July 21, 2024

Beauty and the Beach by Gracie Ruth Mitchell

Beauty and the Beach (Falling for Summer)Beauty and the Beach by Gracie Ruth Mitchell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an extra fun reading experience for me. I listened while also following along in the paperback book.

The narrators, Rylee Kuberra and John Rogers were perfect. Their voices were exactly what I would have pictured in my own head while reading and they did such a great job at sucking me into the story and kept me interested and the plot flowing from beginning to end.

"If you kiss me now, you're mine. And I'm yours."

Phoenix and Holland have a complex and turbulent history. Their meet-cute is nothing short of embarrassingly perfect for them and things only get better/worse from there. Unfortunately, even if things had ever recovered after the convenience store and the closet incidents, a tragic accident tears them apart even more.

While this book is certainly a romcom it does lightly touch on some deeper topics, including loss of a loved one, and there is a bit of a journey included because of that. There is grief and sadness but there is also so much love. And I think that is kind of the entire point of romcoms. To give us hope even when life gets heavy. And I LOVE how these two show up for each other even when they are the most loathsome of frenemies.

Honestly, Phoenix and Holland were adorable and the heat was top-notch while remaining closed door.

Thank you so much netgalley, Dreamscape Media and Gracie Ruth Mitchell for this ALC. It was perfection.

And thank you myself, for buying the paperback. It was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

View all my reviews

No comments: