Tuesday, August 20, 2024

But He's My Grumpy Neighbor by Annah Conwell

 

But He's My Grumpy NeighborBut He's My Grumpy Neighbor by Annah Conwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

He's a 10 but ... he's also my grumpy neighbor. And a Carter brother.

I just finished listening to But He's My Grumpy Neighbor by Annah Conwell, Narrated by Leanne Woodward; Evan Sibley, and it was so good. The narrators were fantastic and drawing me in. I was in a bit of a book rut and this story was the answer!

Juliette has spent the last several years surrounded by people of a significantly greater age. She loves the peace and serenity of the area but longs for human connection. So, when her new neighbor shows up and starts moving things in, you can bet she's spying through the blinds. Even better, the new neighbor is dark and brooding and nearly her own age!

I loved the grumpy Adrian who couldn't help but smile around Juliette. The story was full of sweet, steamy chemistry and you could feel the draw these two characters had for each other.

The only thing I didn't love was the references to Adrian's past. We get vague comments here and there but I never felt like they ever REALLY explained why he had such a hard time with his feelings and emotions and relationships in general.

But don't let that minor thing keep you from reading. Annah Conwell does an amazing job at writing loveable characters. In fact, I'm all in on the Carter Brothers. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next books in the series. They are definitely going to be some new favorites. I can already tell.

This is a Sweet, Kisses only romance
TW: Previous abusive parents to a child and some past betrayal in work and relationships

4.5 Stars rounded up

View all my reviews

No comments: