Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Rook to King by Carina Taylor

Rook to KingRook to King by Carina Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The perfect surprise. If you get a chance to listen to the audiobook I would strongly recommend it. It is so well done. It definitely added to the story and kept me listening from start to finish.

I really enjoy going into a book blind and boy am I glad I did that with Rook to King. It just added to the adventure. I absolutely love when a book takes me by complete surprise. This was not what I was expecting at all but in the best ways. This was a unique and fast paced story full of action and chemistry.

Bodie King has a bit of notoriety when it comes to the antiques world so when he walks through the doors of Gracen's antique shop she is less than thrilled at the encounter. Unfortunately, she is in less control of her life than she thinks and before she knows it, she and Bodie are forced together to find the one of a kind chess pieces in order to complete the set.

The more these two interact the more obvious it is that they have an undeniable chemistry. If only Bodie's past didn't keep reminding him that they come from completely different worlds.

This book is a fun adventure with a tiny bit of character growth but mostly just a lot of fun banter and adventure.

Thank you so much to netgalley for this audiobook ARC. It was absolutely delightful.

This is a sweet, closed door romcom that gives off a bit of Ocean's 11 vibes. Definitely a romantic adventure you won't want to miss.

View all my reviews

No comments: