Tuesday, July 16, 2024

The Summer of Yes by Courtney Walsh

 

The Summer of YesThe Summer of Yes by Courtney Walsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a heartwarming ride! This book had a little bit of everything I love and had me wanting to start my own summer of yes before it was even over.

Kelsey finds herself confronting her own life choices after waking up in the hospital after a near-death experience. Not wanting to get behind she launches right back into her old workaholic ways but soon realizes it may not be all it's cracked up to be. Especially after she recognizes a glimpse of her future self in her hospital roomie.

This was a refreshing dual-POV where the second POV was not a love-interest. In fact, Georgina was a cranky, workaholic, old woman and hearing her point of view may have been my favorite part of the story. The narrators, Tanya Eby and Cathi Colas, were amazing and I would highly recommend giving this book a listen. They did a fantastic job of bringing the story to life and kept the story flowing. It was fast-paced and enjoyable from start to finish. Plus, even if you aren't a work-obsessed human like these main characters, the insights shared can definitely be insightful for all of us.

Thank you to Courtney Walsh and Harper Collins Christian Publishing and Thomas Nelson Fiction for the audiobook. It was a delight.

View all my reviews

No comments: