Monday, September 28, 2009

Bite Me

by Melissa Francis

Dedication: "For my mother. The strongest woman I know. Thank you."

First paragraph: "My Mother's wedding day. I should be thrilled she's getting hitched to the man of her dreams. And don't get me wrong; part of me is truly happy for her. Mr. Fraser - I mean, Rick - is a great guy. I like him. A lot."

Review: Sometimes I need a nice easy read for when the TV is on, my husband needs occasional attention, and other little distractions are going on all around me. This was the perfect book for that situation.

AJ's mom just married her boyfriend's dad and now they are forced to break-up. She's struggling with that when it seems her whole world comes crashing down. Oh, and by the way, she's a vampire. A vampire who passed out on her last night of summer and is afraid she might have bitten a classmate and turned him into a vampire as well.

This book was cute. It's kind of predictable but only when it comes to AJ's bad choices. You know what she is about to decide is just a bad idea, but at the same time it's probably what you would have done if you were a teenager. I thought the ending was really quite perfect except it left a lot hanging for the sequel, Love Sucks which comes out July 2010.

No comments: