Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Goose Girl

by Shannon Hale

Dedication: "For Dean, Best Friend, Companion and Squeeter Keeper You are Home and For Mom and Dad, Happy days to you. Love, Shannon"

First paragraph: "She was born Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, and she did not open her eyes for three days."

Review: Crown Princess Anidori-Kiladra (aka Ani) has never been excited to fill the roll of Queen but she has prepared her life for it. Just as she is starting to accept her future roll her life is turned upside down.

Shannon Hale is one of my favorite writers. She does an amazing job at creating a world of princes and princesses that are fun for all ages to read. Her characters are easy to fall in love with and really care about.

Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down, except to go to sleep and church, then I had to come straight home and find out how it all turned out. The story is kind of hopeless at parts and it still turns out so well. Some people might not like books that end so perfect, but they are my favorite and I loved it. I would definitely suggest reading this book if you are looking for a fun read.

Click here for Shannon Hale's official website
.

No comments: