Friday, February 24, 2023

Hello Stranger by Katherine Center

 

Hello StrangerHello Stranger by Katherine Center
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Are you asking me to be your anybody?"

Sadie Montgomery has spent a good deal of her life determined not to need anyone. Not again. Not after losing her mom at a young age, and losing her father to his grief. But things are finally looking up for her when she places in the top 10 of a prestigious art contest--she knows this is her big break. She is about to finally prove her haters wrong. Until she's headed home one day and wakes up in the hospital. Soon her whole life is thrown upside down and she has to rely on other's help more than ever before.

Oh. My. Goodness. Katherine Center does it again. I absolutely adore this book. This book is a lot more serious than some of the others I've read, but still light enough to definitely stay in the rom com category. Sadie is going through A LOT and I think having it any more lighthearted than it is would have detracted from her struggles. It was a perfect balance of reality and escapism.

I was completely invested in Sadie's story and I loved how it played out. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that I wanted this to be longer. Mostly to get to know Joe and Dr. Addison a little bit more. I feel like we barely scraped the surface of these guys and yet I still loved them. I think it would have been fun to have Joe and Dr. Addison's POV once they were introduced into the story. I think it would have given that extra layer. But that's easy for me to say. I just sat on the couch and read this work of art. I didn't have to figure out all the fun details.

All that to say, this is a book that was totally worth staying up until 2am to finish.

As with the other Center books I've read it is a closed door romance so keep that in mind going in. Not a lot of steam but a lot of sweet and swoony.

Thank you so much Net Galley and Katherine Center for the eARC. I can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy!

View all my reviews

No comments: